Conrady A.R.T. Clinic makes the embryo transfer process easy by allowing you to schedule the procedure at your convenience. On the day of the transfer, our physician will inform you about the number and quality of the embryos available for transfer. You can decide on how many embryos you wish to transfer to avoid the complication of a multiple pregnancy.
The embryo transfer is done without anesthesia and the entire process takes about 15 minutes. Our specialist will load the embryos into a soft catheter and pass it through the cervix and into the uterus. We use an abdominal ultrasound to guide the embryo transfer, so you will be able to watch the progress in real time.
Follow the instructions below to speed up recovery:
- Avoid any vigorous activity like aerobics or running
- Take showers instead of baths, and don't swim
- Avoid intercourse for about a week after the transfer
- If you have to travel, allow twice as much time as usual to minimize stress
- Drink plenty of water to stay well-hydrated