Conrady A.R.T. Clinic’s ovum retrieval process is quick and painless. Our doctors will use ultrasound to observe your ovaries, which, after the stimulation, will be adorned with clusters of tiny follicles. We will then gently attach a catheter to draw out the eggs using light suction.
After the procedure, you may experience slight soreness, abdominal cramping, or some spotting. Over-the-counter pain relievers will alleviate the pain, and most of our patients make a full recovery by the next day.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN SPEED UP RECOVERY AND PREPARE THE BODY FOR THE NEXT STEPS:
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine
- Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise
- Treat discomfort with a heating pad
- Take showers rather than baths
- Refrain from intercourse until one week after the egg retrieval